Location: Chicago or Madison
As a Software Developer you will be key member of our development team, you will work on the back end systems that support our proprietary application using software tools such as Linux, Hadoop, Hive, Postgres, Tomcat, Lucene, and ElasticSearch. Serious candidates will be passionate about programming in a fast-paced, small, team-oriented, agile environment and enthusiastic about web-technologies. We need innovative problem solvers who have demonstrable success using a variety of Open Source technologies.
- Build and design programs utilizing Java, Spring, Lucene, Tomcat, ElasticSearch, Storm, Hadoop, Hive and MapReduce.
- Execute problem solving capabilities with a demonstrable ability to adapt to change
- Participate in Sprints
- Execute Performance tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field of Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Web based development experience.
- 1-5 years of Java development experience
- Big Data and Agile experience is a plus.
- Experience preferred with Linux, Spring, Web Services, Postgress, Tomcat, Lucene, ElasticSearch and MapReduce frameworks such as Hadoop and Hive
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Assertive personality with a solid work ethic and initiative, requiring minimal direction
- High energy and drive, coupled with resourcefulness, required to succeed in a start-up environment
We provide excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and life insurance, a flex time off policy and a parental leave policy within a progressive, employee-centric culture. We offer a competitive compensation package with opportunities for performance rewards based on company success.
To Apply, Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com