Department: Product and Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
The Product Manager at Networked Insights will be a facilitator and advocate for a world class SaaS platform that leverages big data to create actionable insights for our marketing and analytics customers. The Product Manager’s ability to internalize and articulate the needs of customers, married with business savvy and technical competency, are leveraged to build trust, discipline, and passion across the organization. The Product Manager thrives as an individual contributor and also in collaborative settings by shaping product vision, guiding teams on opportunities, and leading dedicated development teams to discover and produce products that deliver customer and business value. It requires the ability to pursue the opportunities in front of you but also look ahead to the strategic leaps over the horizon.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Lead, evangelize, translate, and facilitate for the continual evolution of the product’s vision, ensuring that it meets internal and external customer needs while also achieving the company’s strategic goals.
- Lead rich discovery processes with company stakeholders, discover market opportunities, and conduct user research to identify, evaluate and define products and features that are valuable, usable and feasible.
- Bring innovation to bear on the company’s product lines and the ability to serve its customers.
- Grow and refine product backlog by prioritizing against short- and long-term value delivery.
- Collaborate with Development, Design and other team members throughout product definition and project delivery.
- Make and own the hard decisions and trade-offs that emerge during product delivery when things don’t go exactly as planned.
- Influence the decisions of highly matrixed development teams through vision, persuasion and the authority of expert customer intimacy.
- Align product release planning in harmony with business strategy and the integrated product roadmap.
- Work with Product Marketing, Sales, and other stakeholders, as appropriate, to identify and assess opportunities and to test and bring products to market.
- Participate in and help lead the continued evolution of the product management organization and related processes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of four years of product development or management experience
- Minimum of three years of product management experience at a technology company (SaaS or website)
- Experience with agile methodology (Scrum or XP)
- Experience with marketing, media buying, data analytics and digital advertising models preferred; SaaS experience is ideal
- Experience with Google Analytics or other similar systems meant to extract data analytics to leverage optimizations
- Must have a strong ability to view the product that will exist in 2-3 years and socialize that vision
- Must show ability to be a facilitator and leader to all stakeholders (engineering, business units and external clients) involved in the product-lifecycle
- Must be able to manage priorities against needs of internal and external customers and internal partners
- Self-directed and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must love “herding cats” for optimal efficiency and world class products
To Apply, Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org