Development Operations Engineer
Location: Chicago or Madison
The Development Operations Engineer is tasked with ensuring an optimal systems environment Serious candidates will be passionate about learning new technologies, creating processes while practicing continuous improvement and work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment. We need an innovative and fiery individual who strives to be organized in a chaotic atmosphere while still having fun.
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain production in multiple environments.
- Experience managing, troubleshooting and monitoring large clustered applications.
- Advise developers on best practices in infrastructure usage.
- Document tribal knowledge.
- Stay aware of new tools and techniques in operations engineering.
- Build resilient, stable, high performance distributed systems.
- Participate in on-call production support rotation
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree/work experience
- 3-5 years of Linux experience
- Java development experience is a plus.
- Big Data exposure needed. Hadoop[cloudera], hive, elastic search, storm, kafka, NoSQL solutions.
- Exposure to any of the following technologies in our stack is a plus: Databases (postgres, mysql, mpp), AWS (EC2, S3, SQS, Cloudwatch), Networking (Cisco, Force10), Monitoring (nagios, graphite, MRTG), SOA (tomcat, jetty, haproxy), Systems management (foreman, puppet, git, svn), Scripting (bash, python, ruby, perl)
- Strong Linux administration skills.
- Has a get-it-done, do whatever it takes attitude.
- Willingness to learn and to support new technologies.
- Effective communication with a distributed team.
We provide excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and life insurance, a flex time off policy and a parental leave policy within a progressive, employee-centric culture. We offer a competitive compensation package with opportunities for performance rewards based on company success.
To Apply, Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org