Configuration Associate Analyst
Department: Customer Success
Location: Chicago, Illinois
The Configuration Associate Analyst supports Networked Insights’ customers by orchestrating all the moving pieces and parts that contribute to an optimal Kairos experience. The role is allocated roughly equally towards two main objectives.
- Defining Syndicated Interest Dictionaries – a set of finely-tuned Boolean classifiers that define a database of conversational topics and audience affinities. Interest dictionaries comprise a critical component of our core product, Kairos, and enable users to quickly and accurately examine real-time and historical trends in the areas of: brands, movies, tv shows, celebrities, musicians, athletes, sports teams, video games, and more. Our interest dictionaries are continually refined and refreshed to ensure the most relevant topics are captured for analysis.
- Creating Custom Interests – highly customized Boolean classifiers developed specifically to tailor Kairos to the individual needs of a given customer. Custom interests often revolve around a customers’ brands, products, attributes, and competitors.
Networked Insights is a technology and services company headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Madison, WI and New York. The team relies on each other in an environment of high energy, innovation, hard work and good humor.
The Configuration Associate Analyst reports to the VP, Data Strategy, and is a member of the Customer Success Team.
The winning candidate for this job:
- Is a high-energy, assertive, and resourceful individual with the strong work ethic required to thrive in a start-up style environment
- Is intellectually curious, has a passion to learn, and is comfortable making recommendations to Manager and above
- Embraces and encourages team collaboration and intellectual exchange and debate
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and risk-taking; self-assesses and learns from failures
- Understands marketing business objectives and applies this perspective to their work
- Adapts to quickly changing situations with a positive outlook, works well under short deadlines, and handles pressure with composure
- Takes personal initiative to achieve the highest standards of quality
- Proactively advances their proficiency with NI methods, processes, and tools, and expands their broader knowledge base
- Interacts productively with different personality types, responds willingly to requests for help from colleagues, and actively seeks opportunities to help others
- Help create and maintain NI’s syndicated interest dictionaries
- Construct custom interests as directed by account lead
- Perform pre-configuration tests to assess query volume, accuracy, and performance
- Help establish and implement quality standards, protocols, and best practices
- Collect information essential for the operation of syndicated interest dictionaries
- Compile and organize information for clear and efficient retrieval by NI colleagues
- Develop proficiency with proprietary NI technology and 3rd party tools
- Work with Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams to innovate tools, features, or entire products
- Proactively develop expertise on industries/verticals/clients relevant to NI and apply it in the role
- Participate in project team meetings and calls
- Bachelor’s degree, this is an entry-level position
- Beneficial but not required: One to three years’ experience with a SaaS solution or similar technology; or performing research for a corporation, marketing agency, or research firm
- Ability to think logically
- Knowledge of Internet and electronic database searching tools and procedures, such as Boolean logic
- Experience working with unstructured textual data is a plus
- Expertise with social media and deep understanding of various formats including forums, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Knowledge of NI target industries/verticals/clients (e.g., media & entertainment, CPG, consumer tech)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn and effectively use new technology
- Proficiency using standard office productivity software including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
To Apply, Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org